Ranveer Singh is a well-known actor in the Bollywood film industry. Ranveer wanted to become an actor since childhood. His first film in Bollywood was Band Baaja Baaraat, he was highly praised for the role played in this film and he also received the award for Best New Actor. On 14–15 November 2018, Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone tied the knot near Lake Como, Italy.
Ranveer did his early education at Learners Academy in Mumbai and then completed his studies at the HR College of Commerce and Economics and earned a bachelor’s degree in arts from Indiana University Bloomington, USA. He started his acting debut in 2010 playing the lead role of Bittu Sharma alongside Anushka Sharma in the Bollywood film Band Baaja Baaraat.
Biography & Wiki
|Ranveer Singh Age, Biography & Wiki|
|Real Name||Ranveer Singh Bhavani|
|Debut||Band Baaja Baaraat|
|Language Known||Hindi, English & Punjabi|
|Date Of Birth||6 July 1985|
|Age (as in 2020)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Cancer|
|Ranveer Singh Height & Physical Overview
|Height in Centimetres||178 cm|
|Height In Meters||1.78 m|
|Height in Inches||5′ 10″|
|Weight in Kilograms||75 Kg|
|Weight in Pounds||165 lbs|
|Body Measurement (approx)||Chest-42
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Family & Relatives|
|Father||Jagjit Singh Bhavnani|
|Ranveer Singh Girlfriends, Affairs, and Marital Status|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Ahana Deol, Anushka Sharma, Deepika Padukone|
|Education and School, College|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts|
|School||Learners’ Academy, Mumbai|
|Collage/University||H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
Indiana University, Bloomington, USA
|Favorite Things and Like & Dislike|
|Favorite Actors||Shah Rukh Khan, Johnny Depp|
|Favorite Actress||Kareena Kapoor, Megan Fox, Scarlett Johansson|
|Favorite Perfume||Original Vetiver|
|Favorite Food||Chocolates, Cheese, Besan Laddoo, Mutton Curry, Chinese Cuisines|
|Favorite Film||Bollywood- Andaz Apna Apna, Raja Babu, 3 Idiots, and Sholay, Rang De Basanti, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge|
|Hobbies||Collecting shoes & hats, playing football, video games|
|Favorite color||Red, White|
|Favorite Sport Club||Arsenal Football Club|
|Car Collection||Aston Martin Rapide S, Jaguar XJL, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Toyota Land Cruiser Prado|
|Favorite Holiday Destination||Goa|
|Salary (approx)||10 crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx)||$15 million|
Ranveer Singh has a healthy physique and he is 5 feet 10 inches (178 cm) tall. Describing more about body fitness his weight is around 75 Kg (165 lbs). Ranveer Singh always keeps himself fit and he is very health Conscious. His chest measurement is 42 Inches, Waist is approx. 30 Inches & biceps measurement is 16 Inches. He has a nice hairstyle and got Black hair and Dark Brown Eyes.
Family Background and Relationship
Ranveer Singh was born on 6 July 1985 in Mumbai. He is from a Sindhi family. His full name is Ranveer Singh Bhavnani. His father’s name is Jagjit Singh Bhavnani and his mother’s name is Anju Bhavnani. Ranveer also has an elder sister named Ritika Bhavnani. His family moved to Mumbai from Karachi in Pakistan after the partition.
Renowned Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor takes Ranvir Singh’s warts in a relationship and very few people are aware of this. Anil Kapoor’s wife Sunita Kapoor is the real sister of Ranveer Singh’s mother.
Ranveer Singh is currently in love with Deepika Padukone. Earlier, his relationship with Ahana Deol (actress Hema Malini’s girl), who studied with him in college time. Apart from this, Ranveer’s name was also added with Anushka Sharma, Sonakshi Sinha.
After a long wait, Yash Raj Films selected Ranveer for his new film Band Baaja Baaraat. The film was based on wedding planners. Ranveer and Anushka Sharma appeared in the lead roles in this film. In this film, Ranveer played the role of Delhi boy Bittu. This film proved to be very successful.
In 2013, Ranveer did two films Lootera and Ramleela in which he did a great job. After this, the film Gunday and Dil Dhadakne Do was also done well.
The 2015 film Bajirao Mastani, which also featured Deepika Padukone, proved to be a huge success at the box office. This film was the biggest hit of Ranveer’s career. He also received the Filmfare Award for Best Actor for this film. Ranveer also faced a lot of criticism for the film Padmavat. His recent movie was Simmba in 2018 and Gully Boy in 2019. His Upcoming movies are Takht, Jayeshbhai Jordaar, Sooryavanshi, and 83.
For good work, Ranveer received the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut category for the Band Baja Baaraat. Apart from this, he also won Filmfare for Bajirao. He has also been awarded Screen Award, Guild Award, IIFA, Stardust, etc.
Ranveer Singh’s Controversy
Ranveer was trolled a lot by people due to his funny tweet on Salman Khan’s film Ek Tha Tiger. On the set of Dil Dhadakne Do film, Ranveer kissed Priyanka in front of everyone, due to which Priyanka was very angry.
Contact and Social Media Information
If you are a big fan of Ranveer Singh and you want to know more about him so you can follow him on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. On social media platforms, you will get the latest photos, videos, and updates about him.
Ranveer Singh at Instagram-@ranveersingh
Ranveer Singh at Twitter –@RanveerOfficial
Some Lesser Known Facts About Him
- Does Ranveer smoke?: No
- Does Ranveer drink alcohol?: Yes
- Ranveer and Sonam are second cousins.
- He dropped his last name.
- Senior Bachchan sent a handwritten letter to Ranveer after seeing his performance in Ram Leela.
- He worked as a copywriter before becoming an actor.
- Ranveer was reportedly once dating Ahana Deol.
- Ranveer Singh rejected 3 big Bollywood movies before Band Bajaa Baraat.
- He loves his X-rated magazines.
- While doing a dangerous stunt on top of a house in the movie Bajirao Mastani, Handsome & Talented Ranveer
- Singh tore the ligaments of his right shoulder, after which Ranveer was rushed to the hospital in Jaipur, where Ranveer had surgery.
- To prepare for Ranveer’s character in Bajirao Mastani, Singh moved out of his home and cut off from the world by not using “TV, phone, and internet.”
- Apart from being an actor, Ranveer is an amazing rapper.
- Singh has an image of being a temperamental and drama king.
- Singh has a huge collection of 200+ shoes and 100+ hats.
- Actor Ranveer has a habit of washing hands with soap or sanitizer repeatedly.
- Actor Ranveer Singh and actress Deepika Padukone were engaged 4 years before they tied the knot in November 2018.
More Facts About Him
- Handsome & Talented Ranveer Singh belongs to a Sindhi family, who migrated from Karachi, Pakistan to Mumbai, Maharashtra, India during the Partition of India.
- Actor Ranveer is the maternal cousin of Anil Kapoor‘s children Sonam Kapoor and Rhea Kapoor and Harshvardhan Kapoor.
- Handsome Ranveer Singh always wanted to be an actor, as, throughout his schooling, Ranveer used to participate in debates, plays, etc.
- Before becoming an actor, Actor Ranveer worked as a copywriter for advertising agencies like O&M and JWT.
- After joining the film industry, Singh dropped his last name ‘Bhavani’ from his screen name, as Singh thought it won’t sound like a superstar’s name.
- After the release of Ranveer’s debut movie Band Baja Baraat (10 December 2010), there were rumors that his father paid a whopping amount of ₹10 crores to the makers of the film. But, Handsome Ranveer Singh denied the rumor by saying that all “Bullshit! My dad was going through a very lean time. There was no question of Ranveer having paid money to anyone. These are all rumors.”
- If not an actor, handsome & talented Ranveer Singh would have been a writer or a DJ.
- Singh is the first Bollywood actor who’s 4th movie crossed the ₹100 crore mark.
- Actor Ranveer was initially offered the lead role in Bombay Velvet, but due to no dates available, the character went to Ranbir Kapoor.