Rajkummar Rao is an Indian Actor. He made his debut in Bollywood with the experimental film Love Sex Aur Dhokha in 2010. Rajkummar had his breakthrough with the drama film Kai Po Che! In 2013. After the movie Kai Po Che! He got famous. He also acted in many Blockbuster movies like Bareilly Ki Barfi, Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana & Citylights.
Rajkummar Rao was born on 31 August 1984 in Gurgaon, India. Rajkummar Rao is an Indian Actor. He was Participating in Stage shows since his Childhood. He made his debut in Bollywood with the experimental film Love Sex Aur Dhokha in 2010. Rajkummar had his breakthrough with the drama film Kai Po Che! In 2013. Raj got famous After the movie Kai Po Che!. He also acted in many Blockbuster movies like Bareilly Ki Barfi, Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana & Citylights. Rajkummar is from Middle-class Hindu Family. He is a very big fan of Shah Rukh Khan.
Biography & Wiki
Rajkummar Rao was born on 31 August 1984 in Gurgaon, India. Rajkummar Rao is an Indian Actor. He made his debut in Bollywood with the experimental film Love Sex Aur Dhokha in 2010. Rajkummar had his breakthrough with the drama film Kai Po Che! In 2013.
He got famous After the movie Kai Po Che!. He also acted in many Blockbuster movies like Bareilly Ki Barfi, Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana & Citylights. From his childhood, he was participating in Stage Shows. He was always wanted to be an Actor. He is inspired by Actors Like Shah Rukh Khan, Dilip Kumar & Amitabh Bachchan. His Performance in Kai Po Che! was also appreciated by the Audience and Critics.
Biography & Wiki
|Biography & Wiki|
|Real Name||Rajkumar Yadav|
|Nickname||Raj, Rajkummar, Colgate|
|Profession||Actor & Model|
|Language Known||Hindi & English|
|Debut||Hindi Film-Love Sex Aur Dhoka, in the year 2010
Web Series-Bose: Died/Alive, in the year 2017
|Date Of Birth||25 February 1992|
|Age (as of 2021)||29 Years|
|Birthplace||Gurgaon, Haryana, India|
|Hometown||Gurgaon, Haryana, India|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Virgo|
|Height in Centimetres||175 cm|
|Height in meters||1.75|
|Height in Inches||5′ 9″|
|Weight in Kilograms||70 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||154 lbs|
|Body Measurement (approx).||Chest- 40 Inches
Waist- 32 Inches
Biceps- 14 Inches
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Family & Relatives|
|Brother||Amit Kumar Yadav|
|Affairs, Girlfriend, and Marital Status|
|Education and School, College|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts (B. A.)|
|School||Blue Bells Model School, Gurugram, India|
|College||Film ad Television Institute of India, Pune Maharashtra, India
Delhi University, New Delhi, India
Favorite Things and Like & Dislike
|Actors||Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Manoj Bajpayee, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Daniel Day-Lewis, Marlon Brando|
Madhubala, Konkona Sen Sharma, Alia Bhatt
|Comedian||Kapil Sharma, Sunil Grover|
|Film||Bollywood-Mohabbatien, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaayenge
|Hobbies||Traveling, Photography, Reading|
|Food||Burger, Chocolate Cakes|
|TV Shows||Game Of Thrones|
|Color||White, Blue & Black|
|Author||Saadat Hasan Manto, Ayn Rand, Walter Isaacson|
|Book||The Bhagavad Gita, The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, The Godfather by Mario Puzo, My Autography by Charlie Chaplin, Wild Seed by Octavia Butler, You Can Win by Shiv Khera|
|Bike Collection||Harley Davidson Fat Bob (Bought in October 2019, worth Rs. 14.69 Lakh)|
|Holiday Destination||Goa, Amsterdam, Budapest|
|Salary (approx)||INR 4-5 Crore/Film|
|Net Worth (approx)||$6 million|
Rajkummar Rao has a healthy physique and he is 5 feet 9 inches (175 cm) tall. Describing more about body fitness his weight is around 70 Kg (154 lbs). Rajkummar Rao always keeps himself fit and he is very healthy Conscious. His chest measurement is 40 Inches, Waist is approx. 32 Inches & biceps measurement is 14 Inches. He has a nice hairstyle and got Black hair and Dark Brown Eyes.
Rajkummar Rao is an Indian Actor. He was born on 31 August 1984 in Gurgaon, India. He has wanted to be an actor since his childhood. Rajkummar is from a Middle-class family and his father was Government Employee. He was Participating in Stage shows since his Childhood. He made his debut in Bollywood with the experimental film Love Sex Aur Dhokha in 2010.
Rajkummar had his breakthrough with the drama film Kai Po Che! In 2013. Raj got famous After the movie Kai Po Che! He also acted in many Blockbuster movies like Bareilly Ki Barfi, Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana & Citylights. He has also won Awards like Critics Best Actor in Leading Role (Male) for movie Shahid, Best Actor in Supporting Role (Male) for movie Bareilly Ki Barfi. Rajkummar completed his Schooling at Blue Bells Model School, Gurgaon. He is graduated in arts from Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College, Delhi University, New Delhi. Recently Rajkummar Rao played the lead role opposite actress Nushrat Bharucha in the movie “Chhalaang” directed by ‘Hansal Mehta’. His latest film is “Chhalaang” (Released on 13 November 2020) and “Ludo” (Released on 12 November 2020) alongside Sanya Malhotra, Fatima Sana Shaikh, Asha Negi, Rohit Saraf, Abhishek Bachchan.
- Rann, as News reader, In the year 2010.
- Love Sex Aur Dhokha, as Adarsh, In the year 2010.
- Ragini MMS, as Uday, In the year 2011.
- Shaitan, as Malwankar Pintya, In the year 2011.
- Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 2, as Shamshad Alam, In the year 2012.
- Chittagong, as Lokenath Bal, In the year 2012.
- Talaash, as Devrath Kulkarni/Dev, In the year 2012.
- Kai Po Che!, as Govind Patel, Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor, In the year 2013.
- Boyss Toh Boyss Hain, as Rahul Shah, In the year 2013.
- D-Day, as Moin (voice), Cameo appearance, In the year 2013.
- Shahid, as Shahid Azmi, National Film Award for Best Actor, Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor, In the year 2013.
- A New Love Ishtory, as News Reporter, Cameo appearance, In the year 2013.
- Queen, as Vijay, In the year 2014.
- CityLights, as Deepak Singh, In the year 2014.
- Bombay Mirror, Short Film, In the year 2014.
- Dolly Ki Doli, as Sonu Sherawat, In the year 2015.
- Hamari Adhuri Kahani, as Hari Prasad, In the year 2015.
- Aligarh, as Deepu Sebastian, Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor, In the year 2015.
- Trapped, as Shaurya, Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor, In the year 2016.
- Raabta, as Muwaqqit, Cameo appearance, In the year 2017.
- Behen Hogi Teri, as Shiv Kumar Nautiyal (Gattu), In the year 2017.
- Bareilly Ki Barfi, as Pritam Vidrohi, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor, In the year 2017.
- Newton, as Newton Kumar, Asia Pacific Screen Award for Best Performance by an Actor, Nominated—Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor, In the year 2017.
- Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana, as IAS Satyendra Mishra, In the year 2017.
- Omerta, as Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh, In the year 2018.
- Fanney Khan, as Adhir, In the year 2018.
- Stree, as Vicky, Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actor, In the year 2018.
- Love Sonia, as Manish, In the year 2018.
- 5 Weddings, as Harbhajan Singh, In the year 2018.
- Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga, as Sahil Mirza, In the year 2019.
- Judgementall Hai Kya, as Keshav, Nominated—Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor, In the year 2019.
- Made in China, as Raghuvir Mehta, In the year 2019.
- Shimla Mirchi, as Avinash, In the year 2020.
- Ludo, as Alok Kumar “Alu” Gupta, Released On Netflix, In the year 2020.
- Uss Din, Short Film, In the year 2020.
- Chhalaang, as Mahender “Montu” Singh Hooda, Released On Amazon Prime Video, In the year 2020.
- The White Tiger, as Ashok, Netflix Original, In the year 2021.
- Roohi, as Bhawra Pandey, In the year 2021.
- Hum Do Hamare Do, TBA, Filming, In the year 2021.
- Badhaai Do, as Shardul, Completed, In the year 2021.
Contact and Social Media
If You are a big fan of Rajkummar Rao and want to get the latest update of him so you can follow him on Social media Platforms Like Facebook, Instagram & Twitter-
Rajkummar Rao at Instagram –RajkummarRao@Instagram
Rajkummar Rao at Twitter-RajkummarRao@Twitter
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajkummar Rao
- Does Rajkummar smoke?: No
- Does Rajkummar drink alcohol?: No
- Actor Rao was born into a middle-class film enthusiast joint family of Prem Nagar in Gurugram, India.
- Growing up, Rajkummar was fascinated by Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, and Manoj Bajpayee. Actor Rajkummar was passionate about Bollywood to such an extent that he used to imitate Aamir Khan’s train stunt from ‘Ghulam’ (1998).
- When handsome Rajkummar Rao was in 5th standard, Rao did training in martial arts and was a national level gold medalist in Taekwondo.
- Rao was fond of music since his childhood and wanted to make a career in it. Moreover, when he was 16 years old, he auditioned for a dance reality show in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- Handsome Rajkummar started acting in his 10th standard with school plays and continued doing plays in college as well. Actor Rao had a rigorous schedule in college days; as every day Rao used to do a traveling of 4-5 hours from Gurugram to Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College in south Delhi, India, and then, to attend his theatre classes at Mandi House, before returning home at late night
- While handsome actor Rajkummar Rao was working at a Delhi-based theatre group ‘Kshitij’ for a year, his senior, Mukesh Chhabra was very much impressed with his acting, who later cast Rajkummar Rao in two of his breakthrough movies, ‘Kai Po Che’ (2013) and ‘Shahid’ (2013).
- Actor Rajkummar was born as “Raj Kumar Yadav,” but on the suggestion of her mother, based upon numerology, Rao changed it to “Rajkummar Rao.”
- Rao first met Patralekha at FTII but fell in love during the making of a short film. Later, she made her acting debut with the film ‘CityLights’ (2014).
More Facts About Him
- After completing his course from the FTII, Rajkummar moved to Mumbai, Maharashtra, India in the year 2008, and during his struggling days, he used to get small roles in ads.
- Actor Rajkummar Rao made his first Bollywood appearance as a “News Reader” in the film ‘Rann’ (in the year 2010), starring Amitabh Bachchan and Paresh Rawal. For this character, Rao was paid around Rs. 3000.
- After giving numerous auditions for one and a half years, Rajkummar earned his debut character in Ekta Kapoor‘s ‘Love Sex Aur Dhokha’ (in the year 2010).
- He got just Rs. 16,000 remunerations for his first movie ‘Love Sex Aur Dhokha.’
- Rao did the film ‘Talaash’ (in the year 2012) just to share the screen space with one of his inspirations, Aamir Khan.
- For his character of “Mohak” in the movie ‘Raabta’ (in the year 2017), Rao went through a tiresome make-up process of applying prosthetics for 5-6 hours every day to look like a 324-year-old man.
- Handsome actor Rajkummar Rao wasn’t a voracious reader before, but after reading the biography of Robert De Niro, books have become an integral part of his life.
- He is an ardent devotee of Lord Ganesha
- He is an avid dog lover.