Ashish Chaudhary is a well known Indian actor. His role as ‘Boman Contractor’ in the popular Bollywood movie “Dhamaal” was the launchpad for his career.
Ashish was born on 21st July 1978. He hails from Guwahati, Assam. He is a Cancerian according to his zodiac sign. You can call him a child model as he was featured in several television commercials when he was in school. He also modeled for Parsi Dairy Farm when he was a kid.
He is 5 foot 9 inches with black hair and dark brown eyes.
His father is Indur Chaudhary and his mother is Sangeeta Chowdhary. He also had a sister, Monica Chowdhary, who passed away.
He met his wife, Samita Bangargi, for the first time on the set of a Disney show that was being televised on Doordarshan. They started their relationship as friends before dating each other. He was in a serious and committed relationship for almost 7 years before they tied the knot. They are a happy family of 5, a son, Agastya, and two daughters, Salara and Sammah.
Ashish started his career in modeling and was featured in various music videos and TV commercials. He made his debut in acting by bagging the role of ‘Rohan’ in 1995 TV serial “Apne Jaise Types”. After this, he made several appearances on TV serials like “Ek Mutthi Aasmaan”, “Khiladi” and “Hum Pardesi Ho Gaye”.
He is recognized for his roles in popular Bollywood movies like “Dhamaal”, “Speed”, “Chalo America”, and “Qayamat: City Under Threat”.
Ashish is the winner of season 8 of “Khatron Ke Khiladi” a reality game show. Subsequently, he participated in another reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” season 8.
In 2017, he was cast for the lead detective role of ‘Dev Anand Burman’ in Colors TV series “Dev”.
Ashish likes continental food. Salman Khan and Madhuri Dixit are his favorite actors from Bollywood. His binge-watch movies are “Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!” and “Titanic”. Ashish likes to travel a lot and his favorite destination is the Maldives. He is an avid cricket watcher and is a big Yuvraj Singh.
Little Known Facts About Him
- In his free time, he loves to travel, swim and go to the gym.
- He is a religious person and prays to Lord Ganesha.
- Ashish is very particular about fitness and regularly works out to maintain his physique.
- He loves to party.
- Ashish has a pet dog named Hug. He loves animals.
- In 26/11 Mumbai attacks, his sister and brother-in-law lost their lives.
- He was on the cover of Tele Life Magazine in 2001.
- Even though Ashish won the season 6 of “Khatron Ke Khiladi”, he had a lot of apprehensions before he went on the show. He only participated because he was unsure about the next step in his career.
- In a recent interview, he revealed that he does not his children to watch his movie Girlfriend. He explained that he had taken the role without being aware of the script or the messaging of the movie. He avoids taking such roles now.
- Ashish is associated with an NGO called Masoom, which works toward providing education to the needy through night schooling.
- He is friends with his favorite cricketer, Yuvraj Singh.